Saturday, January 05, 2008

First FO of 2008: Pomatomus Socks



Pomatomus-3



Pattern: Pomatomus from Knitty, Winter 2005

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM

I started these socks in November on the flight back from the BVI.  Then, I sat them down and forgot them until Tangled Yoke drove me back to them.  I absolutely love this pattern.  It's not very hard, you just need to pay attention and be aware of your charts.  There are two charts:  Chart A and Chart B.  Chart B is for the foot, and if you aren't paying attention, you could get into the *wrong* flow of things.  However, it's just knitting through the back loop and purling through basically all the pattern!

(I love Koigu.  It's so squishy and pretty, and it makes me so happy.)

I have a happy announcement to make:  My friend, hoosier nurse, has passed her boards and is an official RN.   Congratulations and I always knew you would pass with flying colors!

Happy New Year to you all!!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely socks! I've tried that pattern a couple of times, but it just never works for me and I've given up on it. Congrats to your friend on her boards! I know several nurses, but the world definitely needs more. :-)

Karen said...

Those are so pretty!!! The colorway looks great with the pattern, and Koigu is always a dream. I've been planning to knit them forever, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus, I got the impression it was a difficult pattern. Thanks for the advice that it's not that hard - I'll have to get them on the needles soon. :)

CTJen said...

Ooh, I'm so glad that you said it's not that hard of a pattern. I've been admiring them, but not willing to tackle them. Now I just might have to cast them on. :-)

Melana said...

beautiful!

KB said...

Those are SOOO cute! You are amazing!

Faulky said...

Those look great. I love the scalloped detail. I'm so impressed!

Emily said...

Those socks are absolutely gorgeous! It's nice to start off the year with an FO, isn't it?!

hoosier student nurse said...

Thanks for the congrats. The socks are incredible. You're an artist with the needles!

mitchypoo said...

Really lovely! Love the colors and the pattern! We're having a Sock Contest if you want to join the Sock Log group on Ravelry!

J.P. said...

That yarn is perfect for those socks. They look great!

Shocking! « Knitting Interrupted said...

[...] made on the knitting front (hence all the random posts about things not related to knitting). But people out there have been getting shit done and I have been feeling the pressure of binding off my first [...]