Sunday, January 06, 2008

Magic Looping and Casting On


Yesterday, I went to my favorite yarn store. I told the store owner, Jane, that I planned on trying socks on two circs. Then, she showed me her sock on magic loop....

I always thought Magic Loop would be harder than that. (If magic is in the name, it has to be hard and mystical.) So, I promptly came home and tried my hand at magic loop. I am using the Simple Sock pattern from Socks Soar on Two Needles so I don't have to try and manipulate a DPN pattern on my first try.....
First Magic Loop Attempt

I also wound up some yarn this morning. Some Malabrigo Worsted for Foliage from Knitty, Fall 2007, and some Louet Gems Fingering for Endpaper Mitts, by Eunny Jang.


yarncakes



I am also happy to report that I cast on for my second Tangled Yoke sleeve!! I decided it would be my TV knitting since it's simple, and then it would get done!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Pomatomus socks.  I was really happy with them, and wore them yesterday!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yippee for magic loop! :-)

CTJen said...

Isn't Magic Loop AWESOME?! Once I'd figured it out, I saw no reason to knit socks any other way, lol! I like the colorway of that sock you're doing, too. What is the yarn?

Knitterella said...

Glad you like the Magic Loop method. I need to get into that - maybe I'd like knitting socks more if I could do it Magic Loop style!

silencepainter said...

I always assumed magic loop would be complicated too. Guess I should give it a look huh?

That yarn will make a nice foilage hat!

J.P. said...

Eventually, I will learn ML. Maybe soon...