Sunday, April 06, 2008

Yarn Harlot!

I got to see the Yarn Harlot yesterday. It was a blast. One of our fellow knitters in the KY group made us Ravelry name tags, and so people were wandering around finding out if we knew each other. One of the first things said to me was "Hey you are on my friends list!" and I knew then it was going to be a fun night. I met tons of people on my friends list, and had several more to add when I got home.

Yarn Harlot Event

Stephanie was hilarious, as usual. Always worth seeing. She seemed tired though, and I felt kind of bad that she probably has the most serious jet lag ever. I mean, she was just in Denver, straight to us, and then she had to get up at 5am this morning to catch yet another flight. Writing knitting humor seems tiring.

I didn't make her wait for me to dig my sock out. You have no idea how long it would have taken me to dig out my sock in progress. Also, looking at this picture, all I can think is I need to go get my hair cut (which I've been planning to do for about a month now). And yes, I wore my Tangled Yoke, which Stephanie complimented and put me on cloud 9.

Yarn Harlot 2008

I also bought some new sock yarn yesterday because one of my LYS had a 20% off all sock yarn sale. I had being wanting some J. Knits for a long time. I had been checking out on the Loopy Ewe. I finally scored some! In the Miami colorway. I can't wait to knit with it.

jknitsmiami

Oh, I have to tell you about my horror hand story. I had blood drawn for my Thyroid levels on Friday. The girl is looking and looking, and says, "I can't find anything to draw from, but I see something in your hand... can I draw it from there?" The nurse part of me kicks in and says "Sure, draw it from wherever you can find something." As soon as she starts, my vein blows, and the knitter part of me kicks in and I think "My hand is going to be too sore to knit!" My hand hurt like hell for a few hours, but I did come home and put a warm compress on it and that helped. It was very very black afterwards, but it's fading very quickly. And I am able to knit, thankfully.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

How exciting to get to see the Yarn Harlot. What a neat time that you had.

I don't understand how nurses can see the vein and still miss. I had a similar bad experience and I have giant veins. Seriously.

I'm glad that you are still able to knit. That's the most important thing. Oh yeah, and that the results of the test come back good;)

silencepainter said...

I'm glad you had fun!

20% of sock yarn? Cool!

Michelle said...

I'm going to see Stephanie later this month. Glad to hear she's still funny. ;-) You're very brave to let someone draw from your hand. I nearly passed out just reading about you having blood drawn!

Rachel said...

Great to meet you this weekend! And I never got to tell you, but your Tangled Yoke is beautiful!

Karen said...

Oooohhhh, it sounds like so much fun!!! I've never been to any of her book signings. BUT I'm going to the one at WEBS on the 26th!! I can't wait!!!

Ugh, blood draws can be such a drag sometimes. I hate when my veins don't cooperate. :( Hope your hand is all better now.