Sunday, April 20, 2008

Big Messes Everywhere

It seems like everywhere I look I have huge messes.

First of all, when one thing breaks, everything else goes with it. First, the laptop. Well, next was my car. It overheated on my way to work the other day.

$400 later.... it's fixed.

Then, today I was looking in the knitting basket I have sitting near my bed. Chaos. It's overflowing with leftovers, yarns I started something with yet never finished, and other misc. stuff. Huge mess.

I got out my ziploc baggies, and started organizing. I labeled each bag with the yarn name. I found a few things I plan on giving away to my fiber arts guild.

organizing 002


I feel so much better after this.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How horrible! I hope you weren't trapped any place awful when the car overheated. I had a car battery die (past the point of being able to be jumped) in the parking lot of an auto supply store. Unfortunately the battery was under the wheel well so I still had to get towed so the car could be lifted to get the batter changed. Such a pain! I like your solution to keep track of the leftovers. :-)

Krissy said...

I'm glad you were able to get your yarn organized.

Sounds like the silver lining to all the other crazy stuff going on around you.

silencepainter said...

I wish my yarn was contained in a basket, I have it scattered all over the house.

Alice said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your car! I am glad to hear it's fixed now at least!

I love how organized your yarn looks... I really need to use ziplocs more! I have so many partial balls floating around and it's driving me nuts!