Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blast From the Past

I got on the old desktop while our laptop was out of commission, and found a bunch of old pictures. I uploaded a ton of my late kitty, Amos to my Flickr.

I also found a picture of a gift I made for a family member. It was a little sachet thing of Noah's Ark done in needlepoint. (I used to be a huge needlepoint fan. But, knitting took over, and I think knitting is CHEAPER (and more practical).)

Needlepoint


I had a really yucky day yesterday, and so when I got home I did a little retail therapy.  I bought some Cascade Ecological Wool from WEBS Anniversary Sale.  Whee!  Hopefully, I will do the Hemlock Ring Blanket.

Well, today is my allergy test day.  It's finally here, and a good thing too, because I spent most of the day with my arms broke out in hives yesterday.

5 comments:

sheepishone said...

yay for a webs sale!
i'm sorry you're hive-ish. it sounds like you've just had a rough few weeks. hopefully your allergy test is helpful.

Michelle said...

That's cute. My husband probably thinks needlepoint is cheaper because it lasts longer. I think it depends on the kit you buy. I've seen some extremely impressive canvases for $650+ and you still need to buy the thread/yarn.

Good luck on the test! Are you they doing arms or back or both?

silencepainter said...

I would have thought needle point was cheaper, shows what I know!

I'm glad your allergy test day has finally come.

Karen said...

How great to discover "lost" pics of your kitty. Sorry to hear you had such a yucky day - and that the allergies have been rough. Hopefully they can find something to help you now. And hurray for Retail Therapy!!! I plan on doing that myself next weekend at Webs - hope there's some good Eco Wool left. What color did you get?

Krissy said...

You have more patience than I to finish anything in needlework. It's so cute though.

I've been trying to avoid the WEBS site as much as possible.