Saturday, December 22, 2007

Warmer house, warmer hearts?

We got a new side door!! Our back staircase was always FREEZING because the door that was up let in all the winter air. It showed an inch of daylight or more at the bottom, and as we found out when we took it down - it was hollow! We got a new door, and wow... does it make a difference. It made the staircase much warmer. It will be painted in the spring, but until then, I'll just enjoy keeping the cold air out.


New Door

(Yes, our side stairwell is painted a lime green. There is no point of me fixing it until electricians come....)

One of Molly's eyes always looks super-dilated and dark. Here is a picture... can anyone tell me if it's just the way her eye looks or if it's a problem? She seems to see just fine.


Molly looks bored



My husband has asked me to knit him a pair of socks. Any suggestions for patterns? I told him they would have to wait until spring because I have too many things on my needles, but I would make him some.

I keep jumping from subject to subject - I know.  My brain has been working that way all week.  I have been doing a lot of planning and plotting for projects (house and knitting) , but not really a lot of DOING.

If I don't blog before then, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

CTJen said...

Glad the new door is working out! I did some lovely socks for my FIL in a 5x1 rib. They came out nice. Check them out over on Ravelry. :-)