Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Some sock progress

Well, getting my attention off Tangled Yoke was a good thing. I've worked on my Pomatomus sock, and I feel like I am close to returning my attention to my last sleeve for the cardi.

Sock





I taught a knitting class!! I taught a little about short-rows, and my knitting group (those who wanted to) printed out the Short Row hat pattern and brought it with them. We started that, and I went around and sort of helped out those who needed it. I think provisional cast-on was new to many of them, and that was fun to teach. Next month, they are supposed to bring back their finished hats to show off, or bring their hat for help if needed. I hope to take some pictures and post them!

A bit more of a sad note.. I have found out my friend has Lymphoma. I am wondering what I could make her - and I am considering the Hemlock Ring Blanket that could be used sort of as a security blanket when she is feeling her worst. I am just worried I won't be able to make that quickly..... Does anyone have suggestions of other patterns I might use?

December has never been a good month to me. It was a year ago this month that my baby, Amos, passed on. It hurts even now. Also, last year, I lost my cousin on Christmas Eve to a massive heart attack. I had opened her present and was calling  to thank her as she was being rushed to an ER.

I wasn't planning to end this blog post on such a depressing note.  I just have trouble being happy in December.  I thought that might change this year, but it hasn't...

Oh, wait, maybe I can end with a good note.  My beautiful cousin will be induced on Dec. 26th if baby doesn't come before then!  We can't wait to welcome baby girl in the world!

3 comments:

Gena said...

You might want to consider using the prayer shawl stitch to make a blanket or shawl. It's a easy stitch pattern and knits on large needles. It doesn't have to be a religious think. The stitch pattern is meant to symbolize the trinity but can really be anything. The intention is that the item is knit with love and good thoughts or "prayer" directed at the recipient. There is tons of information on prayer shawls at www.shawlministry.com.

I hope this helps and hope the best for your friend.

Michelle said...

If you don't want to knit Hemlock, but want a circular blanket, you could do a pinwheel blanket. I knit a baby size in less than a week with worsted weight yarn. I hope things start looking up for you. Sounds like that new baby is just the thing! :-)

hoosier student nurse said...

I keep remembering my Sammy and Yoda since it's been about a year since I lost them. I'm so sorry about your friend. My brother in law is not doing well either, so I'll send up thoughts for both of them. I got through with hospital orientation yesterday, and will start on the oncology floor tomorrow. I'm scheduled to take my boards on January 3rd. My computer crapped out, and I can't do anything on my husbands desktop or his laptop. I need my bookmarks. You must be getting really good at the knitting since they asked you to teach! I think the blanket is a wonderful idea. It will wrap her up in love.