Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tangled Yoke Cardigan - Planning

I -LOVE- the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I think it's beautiful. I've been daydreaming about it... and now I have the yarn. I got the Rowan Felted Tweed in 'Herb'.

I swatched... and I am only getting 22 stitches to 4 inches with size 4 needles - it's supposed to be 24 stitches to 4 inches with size 5....

Now, I am debating between 38 and 42 inch sizing.... I am between those sizes. I don't want negative ease, but I don't want it to be too large either... I measure myself at 39 inches. So, I am thinking if I do the 42 inch with the gauge I'm getting now, it might work out? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I also have a super long torso - I figured this out this weekend when my finished (yes, I finished it) Wicked was too short.  Way too short - so it'll get ripped back out.  BUT, when measuring my torso again and comparing to finished measurements of the TY cardi... I think I need to add 2-3 inches to the torso....

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

It's always a crap-shoot for me. I have really narrow shoulders so most the time I just cross my fingers that it works!

I would say go with your first instinct and you should measure as you go. Make sure you are getting the gauge you expect. Good luck! It a beautiful knit!

Jill