Monday, September 10, 2007

FO: Short-Row Hat






I finished the short-row hat last night. It was a nice quick knit. Lots of fun to see how it turned out, with such unique construction.

Yarn: Karaoke Yarn by Southwest Trading Company (50% Soy Silk, 50% wool) just slightly over 1 skein... from my secret pal! :)
Needles: Addi Circs #7 (I even use circs when I knit flat)
Pattern: Short-Row Hat by Veronik Avery
Things Learned: Three Needle Bind Off

I should also give you all an update on Max: He had those stitches taken out, and went back outside. He's a lot happier now that he's back outside. I hate to put him out, but he has been out for 10 years and prefers it, plus he is still incontinent. We are giving him pills twice a day to hopefully stimulate the bladder.

6 comments:

Batty said...

That's such a cool-looking hat!

Knitterella said...

That hat looks wonderful! Great job! Love the color variation is lovely.

Glad to hear Max is getting back to normal!
Jill

Alice said...

The hat looks great! I have some Karaoke laying around, maybe I'll have to give this pattern a try!

Court Jester said...

Wow that yarn knit up a beautiful as I thought it would. You did a great job on the hat [it is still in my "to knit" list....someday]

Your SP - Court Jester

hoosier student nurse said...

Love the hat. So darn cute. Glad to hear about Max. Guess he couldn't be convinced that he needs to be an indoor cat. My kitty with the UTI is still peeing blood. She goes on antibiotics and I feed her only watery canned food and she does well, and starts using her usual litter box, and then the antibiotics run out and it starts again. We are about to start the third round. I'm tired of having eight litter boxes full of newspaper (it's all she'll use) all over the house. That's better than when it started this and she was using my husbands' side of the bed to pee on (she must like me more, she never touched my side).

Some sock progress « i wish i were buffy said...

[...] I taught a little about short-rows, and my knitting group (those who wanted to) printed out the Short Row hat pattern and brought it with them. We started that, and I went around and sort of helped out those [...]