Monday, July 16, 2007

Feeling so Far Removed from Myself

I haven't done any actual artwork for a year at least. I have thought about picking up my pastels again. I only worked in pastels for about a year, then nursing took over my life. I don't regret nursing, but I do regret that it limits the time I have to do anything else.

This is the first pastel I ever did.


flower.jpg


 


This is my favorite that I did.... it's my cat Loverbunny, and it makes me chuckle every time I view it. I wanted it to be a light hearted and whimsical painting.


Actually, this picture isn't of the finished product, but it's all I have. I had not done touch ups or added whiskers yet.


 


cat-pastels.jpg


 


I've been thinking about getting back into the pastels, but I have no idea when I'd find time. I can't find time to knit, when am I going to add in pastels?


 


This weekend was a musical treat... I saw Nickel Creek with Glen Phillips.


 


Knitting updates: To the toes on a Monkey, and I took a deep breath and ripped out the Pea Pod Baby Collar.


 

3 comments:

hoosier student nurse said...

Holy Cow! You can do everything, and do it well! Your kitty picture is done so well, I can almost feel how soft the fur is. I don't even do laundry. I don't knit, but I do love to sew. I've made a ton of things for me and for the house. Drapes, pillows, you name it. I've pulled my machine out of the cabinet once since nursing school to recover an ottoman to match my living room furniture. Nothing since then. Maybe when this hell is over, I can do something that makes me feel a little bit creative too.

Knitterella said...

Gosh, if you do get around to doing pastels again please post, you do great work!

It's hard to find enough time in the day (and I don't even have kids!).

Jill

Susan said...

WOW! That Iris pastel is gorgeous. You are very talented.