Thursday, May 24, 2007

More on Brea Bag

Shannon from the podcast, SSK, asked me what yarn I was using on my Brea bag. I am using the yarn required, the Berroco Ultra Alpaca, but in another color. I *think* am using the Camel Hair, but I can't find my tag.. I think I threw it away. This yarn is sooo nice. I love it, and it knits up beautifully. Here are some pictures of the front and back, pre-blocking. Right now, I am working on the gusset.

brea.jpg


brea1.jpg


 


I am really loving this bag.


Now, I mentioned a podcast earlier. SSK, is a podcast by Shannon and Stephanie. They are hilarious, give good information, and make you feel like you are listening to your best friends chatting it up. I definitely recommend you download it and give it a listen! They also love paranormal stuff, and that makes me love them even more!

Other podcasts that I would recommend are: Cast On (Brenda is the queen of podcasts. So professional!), Lime & Violet (oh so funny too!), Sticks & String (really excellent info), and this podcast, Unwound, is no longer, but I recommend listening to what episodes are there. I will really miss the Unwound podcast.

I admit it. I am a podcast junkie. I listen to other podcasts, too, but those are all the ones I subscribe to! If you want to recommend a podcast to me, I'd love to hear it.

Also, there is a contest on Skeins Her Way where you post your summer goals. I found out about it through Musings of a (mostly) self-taught knitter. If you go enter the contest, please let her know that I sent you!

My summer goals include:

  • make a lace shawl or stole

  • finish Wicked (the longest project ever. I don't mean to ignore her, but it's hot.)

  • socks!

  • do a better job when it comes to finishing objects

  • make another Brea bag for my friend Beth


Also, I was asked why I switched from Blogger to Wordpress. I think Wordpress has more to offer. I think it's more user friendly. It has easy access to your blog stats - how many people came, what links they clicked, where they came from.... I am sure that Blogger could probably do all the same things, but it seems Wordpress is just easier. Also, Blogger has lost a few of my posts in the middle of my writing them.

If you have any suggestions on things to make my blog more interesting, let me know! Also, I am trying to come up with a customized header idea, so I'd love to hear those as well.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great summer goals you have there. :) I hope you have enough cool weather to get Wicked finished. And hurray for socks. I always think they are perfect for summer knitting.