Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Finally - a finished project!

I present my dad's socks! I really love these socks, and was tempted to steal them. My first actual PAIR of socks!! (My pictures never do anything justice, either)




Brittany Birch #2 needles, Claudia Handpainted Yarn (Bootcamp), and it took FOREVER. I used the pattern for Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks.

As of tonight, I will have worked the last 5 out of 6 nights. I switched a day with someone because I will go home to see my parents this weekend. My mom had surgery on her shoulder. Torn rotator cuff and some bone spurs. I hopefully can help cook and do things around the house.

I have not seen the latest Heroes and it is making me crazy! I hear it was excellent. I've got it downloading on iTunes now. I know I can watch it for free off NBC website, but our internet connection has been really bad the last few days and it won't play correctly.

1 comment:

hoosier nurse said...

We missed it too, and now that we're here in Milwaukee, my husband told me he forgot to set it to record!!! We just watched it on the internet. It's getting so complicated! I hope they sort some of this out before the end of this season or I'm going to MAD!!! Be sure not to miss it, because there is a ton of stuff going on. BTW, what symptoms did your mom have? I have an incredibly painful deltoid area and shoulder, and a doctor told me it was probably my rotator cuff. I've had surgery on the other shoulder before, and it would take a lot to do it again. It hurt worse than having a baby! How was it for her?