Monday, May 14, 2007

Baby hat fever

I know at least 6 pregnant women, 3 of them being my family. So, I have been baby hat knitting. Both successfully, and unsuccessfully.

Inca Snowflake Hat from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson. Mine will not be having snowflakes. I tried, but it was a miserable attempt. I will be adding the tassels, though. As soon as I get into a pom making kind of mood. My picture is sort of dark... but you can get the main idea of it. Then I started the Marshmallow Bonnet in pink. And it was going great until I tried to mattress stitch the seams. It sucked, I couldn't figure out what was going on. I quite possibly have ruined this hat with the seams. I won't even show you, it's so embarrassing. I did decide to finish it anyway, just to understand the assembly of the piece if nothing else. It looks great as long as you don't look at the backside. I had a birthday last week. It was great. My husband took me out to a great dinner. When I got in the car, there was a big pink bag with a card and some Knit Picks Options knitting needles inside! The card was lovely, and it was fitting. It had a woman sitting on a paint can drinking coffee, looking up at her husband on a ladder painting the wall (a heart on the wall).

And speaking of our home restoration....

We cut down some trees around our driveway (the first picture view is as you are leaving our drive. The trees were past the flowers...). We also had some really bad overgrown stuff taken out and the stumps are going to be removed soon.

Also, we moved our bedroom downstairs because we have no air conditioning. And it's hot here, and only going to get more toasty as the summer progresses. One night, it was particularly hot.. and I woke up with a massive migraine. So, that day my husband put in a window air conditioner downstairs in a room that is a little cooler naturally and moved our bed down.

Well, off to watch Heroes. (I finally caught back up by watching them on the internet!)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such kind things about the Jimmy Beans pattern.

I LOVE the Inca Snowflake hat! It looks very cute--even without the snowflakes. :)

hoosier nurse said...

I'll check out your handiwork when the pictures download. Blogger is being a hard nose tonight. I also got caught up today on Heroes. WTH is going on? I can hardly keep up with who is turning out to be good and whose bad (except Sylar of course, but even he had a vulnerable side before he killed his mom). Now with Nikki, Peter, Claire, and Hiro all going everywhere (not to mention Molly, the johnny-come-lately), I don't know what to think. What do you think is going to happen?

Knitterella said...

Your pictures are not showing up for me :(

Anyways, I've got a bad case of the Baby Hat Fever as well! I'll have to check back again later to see if the photos show up because I bet your hats are cute! Those are 2 that I haven't tried yet but am planning on it. And don't be so hard on yourself with the mattress stitch - I think that is a hard stitch to get the hang of.

Thank you for posting on my blog. I've bookmarked you and will be back often :)

Happy Knitting!