Sunday, May 04, 2008

Knitting toys badly!

I have been on this kick where I really want to knit toys lately. So I attempted to knit Little Knitted Sheep by Barbara Prime with some leftover yarns I had. This is what I have so far. I sewed her head on badly, but maybe I can hide that with a pretty little ribbon or knitted scarf. Also, I ran out of my leftover yarn, and so she won't get arms. Or a tail.

Toy Sheep


I also have been crazy obsessive today. I went and got some page protectors and started organizing all my printed out patterns. You can see that behind my poor little sheep.

Totally off toipic... I start my allergy shots next week. It'll be twice a week, two injections each time. Yikes. I am seriously allergic to the world!

6 comments:

sheepishone said...

I keep all of my patterns in a binder and in sheet protectors too.
Even the patterns from books I own I will photocopy and place in protectors... I'm a little nutty, I guess.
Poor little lamb, limbless. (Well, not completely, but the alliteration was too good to pass up.)
I don't envy you and your twice weekly shots. How long do you have endure that??

Krissy said...

Poor little lamb. Maybe you can find someone on Ravelry with some of the same scrap yarn leftover that they can send you?

Good luck with the allergy shots. I hope you have better luck with them then I did.

Rachel said...

I just started organizing all my printed out patterns too - page protectors, though - why didn't I think of that??

And your sheep is adorable, even without arms or a tail! Have you seen this - http://www.knitterella.com/SusanBAnderson/ElefantePattern.pdf (link goes to pdf) - probably my favorite knitted toy I've seen lately.

Michelle said...

Poor armless sheep! Did you run out of both the brown and the white yarn? Maybe he just needs a long sleeved sweater? It's cute so far!

Good luck with the shots. Hopefully they won't be forever. I never had to get them, but friend of mine in high school went in twice a week I think for a long time.

silencepainter said...

Poor little guy! How is he gonna knit without arms?

Organizing your patterns is a good idea.

J.P. said...

I need to learn from you and organize all my patterns. They are all kinda organized, but in tons of different books. One day, I will take the time and get them all into one book where will have them together.

Thanks for possibly giving me the kick in the butt to do this task!