Sunday, May 25, 2008

Anybody want a kitten?

Animals that are lost or sick always seem to know where to find us. They know we can not ignore them, and we'll take them in.

This was in our driveway. Sick, and hungry. He is sneezing and has pus in it's eyes and nose.

Sick kitten


It didn't know how to eat so I went and got formula and a bottle and fed it a little. I gave it some Clindamycin drops we have for felines.

This is him after we cleaned his eyes out and his face off. My husband will take him to the vet on Tuesday.

Kitten after face washed.


We really don't want another cat, though. So does anybody want a kitten? :)




In other news, I went and spent tons of money today. I bought an oven, finally. (No, we haven't had an oven since we moved in.) I'm very excited because I used to LOVE to bake. I can't wait to bake again.

We also bought a new mattress for the second guest bedroom.

newmattress


In knitting related stuff, I screwed up my Hemlock Ring big time. We are taking a break. Not breaking up, but definitely a time out.

I also knit about 7 rows of the Twisted Tulips sock, and while it's a beautiful sock, I hate it. I ripped it out, took it out of my queue. I think it's just way too complicated to satisfy my sock craving. I like my socks to be intuitive and flow easily. It's my relaxation knitting.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww. That poor little kitty. He's lucky to have found you!

Socks with complicated patterns don't do much for me either.

stacey said...

What a sweet kitten, and even sweeter that you are fixing him up for a new home - good luck:)

Rachel said...

Yay, oven! Enjoy! And bless your heart for taking in the adorable kitty - if my husband and I weren't both allergic, I would seriously consider!

J.P. said...

I would take him in a heartbeat if I were closer. He's a cutie!

Krissy said...

What a darling little kitten. I hope you can find a home for him.

And, good to know about the tulip socks. I ahve them on my queue.

mcknits said...

The kitty is adorable. We adoptd one like it and while it is challlanging sometimes, it is wonderful. The sock looks way too difficult for real enjoyment! I would lool for something way less stressing!! Mary

Jonesgirl said...

I have three cats already, one of them is 19 years old. My daughter just adopted a kitten. I will see if she wants another one.

I met you last Tuesday at the Panera knitting group. I really enjoyed it.

Terese