Saturday, February 02, 2008

Rip it, Rip it.... Tangled Yoke untangled

So, I started on the tangled yoke chart, and while it's a chart I can handle... it's not a chart I can handle when I'm watching Lost. I know better than to knit complicated things while watching TV. But, I somehow always do it anyway.

So, I took a deep breath this morning, and put in a lifeline... (and put on an episode of Stash and Burn that helped give me courage to rip)

Lifeline for Tangled Yoke

Have I mentioned Sam has started to really love this sweater? He wants to sit on it and tread it.

Sam treading my sweater


After making Sam move, I began to rip it out.... Look at what a mess.

A big yarn mess

And now, my stitches are back on the needle (happily), and I am back to where I started.

While I am not happy I had to rip back, I am very happy that I have gotten to a point where I'm ok to rip things back. Before, I would have fudged, lived with wrong stitches, and just sucked it up. Now, I'm at a place where once I put time into it, I want it to satisfy me. And I can rip back successfully to do that. I think that's progress.

Also, while I had it off the needles, I tried it on, and I believe it is going to look nice. That made taking it off my needles worth it.

Well, I need to go take a break from knitting and my computer. My parents are coming tomorrow, so I need to do some serious cleaning that I've been neglecting.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the kitty mooshing photo. :-) When I make Tangled Yoke, I realized I screwed up the cable around row 8 and had to rip it. I think it's cursed for the first try.

silencepainter said...

I can understand the urge to knit complicated things while watching tv. You want to work on your complicated project, but you also want to watch your tv show... what is a knitter to do?

So glad it looks like it is going to fit!

Karen said...

Good for you for being brave enough to rip and fix. And thanks for the reminder not to ever try to knit during Lost. :)

Krissy said...

I've gotten over my fear of ripping. I just believe it is for the better. I just frogged a finished hat cause I didn't like the color with the lattice pattern. In the end, i would of never worn it.

As for frogging mistakes, that is just knitting. At least you can always go back and fix it, unlike life.

laura b said...

I pretty much can't do anything besides stockinette during Lost and even that's pushing it!

Knittypants said...

Ouch, ripping back sucks. But, you're right about arriving at a place where it makes more sense to rip back than finish a project you won't like.

stacey said...

Thanks for friending me over at Ravelry so I could wander to your blog! :) Note to self - no Tangled Yoke while watching Lost - good plan - I read somewhere else No Tangled Yoke while drinking wine - I am getting all sorts of good tips before I start mine - wink wink:) Wow, glad you and your home safely made it through the tornados in your area, how frightening. We are just waiting for another 8-10" of snow after a record breaking year - crazy weather everywhere!