Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Words, words, words

I know a lot of people don't like blogs without pictures, but I have none today.  So if that's what you came for, sorry!  I will have some as soon as I see sunlight again (which lately seems like never).

I seriously need a mental health day.  Besides some random stress, I've had some health issues.   Friday my heart decided to beat a little, ahem, fast, and oh, be in an irregular rhythm.  It seems as if some sinus medication plus some headache medication together could have been the culprit.  So, they want me to go off everything for sinus, no more headache meds, and no caffeine.  (Beat me now - no Coca-Cola?)  I had the worst headache Friday, and I've been having some severe long-lasting headaches that I believe originate from sinus problems.  I had a cyst in my sinus cavity a few years ago, and there is some question that I could again, so I'm on tons of antibiotics now.  I whined about no meds for my headache, and they gave me something that wouldn't affect my heart.  Also, before it was my choice not to take allergy shots, and now they are saying I sort of need to.

Needless to say, between being knocked out and an irregular heart rhythm, I didn't really do any knitting lately.  I went back to work today and I feel a lot better - so I did start the collar of the Tangled Yoke tonight.

OH! We did house stuff this weekend.  (Well, I didn't, my brother in law did while I was upstairs knocked out.)  We have a new storm door on the side now!!  Hey, progress is progress, no matter how small!

5 comments:

CTJen said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! :-)

Michelle said...

That sucks. I had an allergist say that decongestants can cause blood pressure to rise in some people and to be careful with them. I'm guessing you're on something else though. I hope you feel better soon! I can't wait to get some antibiotics for my sinuses.

Do you like your Tangled Yoke?

Karen said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad. No meds AND no caffeine?? That's just sadistic.

silencepainter said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Krissy said...

I feel for you. Allergy shots really suck. You get used to the shot after a while. It's the fact that you keep having to go back that kills me. I want to yell at my allergist everytime wondering why I'm not done yet.

I'm glad that they did put you on something though.

Feel better soon.