Saturday, January 06, 2007

Finished Center Square Hat!



I finished the Center Square hat. It might have been too ambitious for a third project? But, I'm happy how it turned out. You can tell that I got better on my tension as I worked my way up the hat. What I had the most trouble with was using the double pointed needles to work the top. In fact, I think I really goofed on the top, but that's ok. I never used double pointed needles until this project. This actually was a great learning project for me. It was a quick hat too. A more advanced knitter could finish this in an evening probably!

Sorry for my pictures. They aren't the best in the world.

9 comments:

Prisca: said...

Oh wow, that looks GREAT! I have no idea how you did that as I STILL don't know how to purl...

I think I am stuck in scarf land forever. Anyway, very cool!!!

;)

Prisca: said...

Ok, now you have me hooked on the nitty site. Guess what, I am going to have a go at this hat. How long did it take you??

Prisca: said...

"KNITTY," that it! ;) Ok, no more posts--sorry!!!

Carrie said...

Looks very nice--I would never have guessed that this was only your third project!

Prisca: said...

OMG!!!!! That knitting help site is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea there was anything like that out there and I am sitting here with my needles learning all kinds of stuff (like how to "really" cast on). Thanks so much Wendy!

:)

hoosier nurse said...

Dang girl, that thing is incredible! I can't believe you did that on your third try!

Steph said...

congrats on being brave enough to try fair isle/stranded knitting on your third project! it came out awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you are a natural!! That hat is great-it's so hard to believe you just started knitting. Keep it up, I see so much potential here.
kimberly
www.thegivingflower.de

Annie said...

It looks fantastic! DPN's are a little like wrestling with an octopus, but practice makes perfect- you did a great job!