Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bad Mood Tuesday

I am irritable today.... I don't know why really. I need to snap out of it.

I was looking on flickr, and I found something that irks me. This girl had awesome pictures, and had the same camera I have. When I take pictures, they look like crap. I've been blaming the camera, but I guess it's just me. I don't know how to work my Canon Powershot.

Also, I watched the Today show today because I've been up since 5:30. (Night shifts are screwing with my head)... and can Al Roker be more annoying and rude?! Gah.

Wish I had prettier pictures of my sock, but alas, I can't work my camera obviously.

Oh well -- let's talk about something fun. Heroes! Does anyone else love love love this show as much as I do??? When I woke up at 5:30 this morning, I didn't want to wake my husband... so I thought of all the similarities that Heroes has with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Buffy still remains the best show ever made.)

1. It has a cheerleader who is very popular. She finds out she has a gift, and becomes very unpopular.
2. Great script. Great one-liners....
3. The sidekicks/friends don't all have superpowers. Sometimes, the best heroes are the loyal ones with no special gift.
4. It shares an actor. Leonard Roberts. He is D.L. Hawkins in Heroes, a man who can sink into walls and pass through things. In Buffy, he was Forrest, one of the guys in the Initiative.

I actually had more thought out, but I forgot them since this morning. Anyway, Heroes is my favorite new show. Save the Cheerleader. Save the World.

Ok, I am going to quit wasting time and go knit or do something productive.

2 comments:

hoosier nurse said...

Someone who loves Heroes? Hello!!! We are obsessed. My husband didn't come crawling out of his office all night until it came on and then it sounded like a herd of cattle because he was running down the stairs so fast! Love it, love it, love it!!! By the way, as a fellow old house dweller, I haven't seen pictures yet of yours. I'm dying of curiousity here.

Kaitie Tee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It pleases me to no end that you like it.

I wish I had not bought books for my last semester. Now I feel like I'm obligated to actually read them.

I've never watched Heroes. I'll have to check it out sometime.