Monday, June 15, 2009

Shawl Knitting

I recently purchased "Knitting Lace Triangles" by Evelyn Clark.  It's the most fantastic book!!  Well, I'm not sure if it's a book or a booklet...  It seems quite small at first, but once you open it, you realize it's not small in content quality.  It's spiral bound, which I love.  I wish all knitting books were spiral bound!  It's more of a recipe book than a pattern book.  She gives you the power to mix and match out of 4 patterns to make your own shawl.  She walks you through shawl design.  It has really made me feel empowered and I've owned this book only for 2 days.

I started a shawl with the Medallion lace pattern, and used an ordinary cast on beginning.  I like the garter stitch tab cast on, and have used it before, but find it to be a bit fiddly for my clumsy fingers.  The ordinary cast on looks just fine, though, and I am quite pleased with that.

I am using Malabrigo lace in pink, my most favorite of colors.


shawl


1 comment:

Jackie said...

The office supply store will spiral bind any book for you! Ours is $4-5. A perfect solution for those books that need it and dont' come that way!