Sunday, June 07, 2009

After dropping off the face of the earth....

It's like I completely forgot my blog.  I just couldn't figure out what to write about.  Or have the energy!!  I've been getting the itch to work on it again though, so let's see how it goes.

I have a few things to speak of - but I'll spread them out for future posts!  I am 30 weeks pregnant now, I've been to Switzerland on vacation, I've finished a few baby hats, and our house is in total wreckage trying to prepare for the baby!

I did lose my knitting mojo for most of my pregnancy.  I just couldn't bare to do it - it was like I was too tired to move my arms or wrists!

Simple hat
This was the first hat I finished. It's the Simple Baby Hat from Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hat book, and I used some Rowan Denim leftovers I had from my Reversible Stripes and Dots hat, also from her book! (If you love baby hats, you truly do need this book.)  I also picked up this little piggy button at a yarn shop in Switzerland, with the thoughts of adding it to a hat.  I just love little animal things.   This button makes me laugh because it's legs are attached with some rope-like cotton and they just kind of swing in the air.

Also, I've been listening to podcasts a lot lately and have two I would love to recommend and share with you: The Knitmore Girls - a mother and daughter team which are great together, and CogKnitive podcast which gives a little knitting talk, a little blather, and lots of psychology.


Things that I will be blogging about (hopefully) in the days to come - Switzerland pictures, another baby hat, baby things, and house renovation!

6 comments:

CTJen said...

O HAI!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Love the hat and I am so jealous of Switzerland :)

Rachel said...

Welcome back! I haven't blogged in I think over a year myself, so don't feel too bad!

Krissy said...

Glad to see that you are back.

I was wondering, but following you in the Due in August 09 boards on Ravelry, so I knew you were doing well. I can't wait to see all of your hats and hear about your trip.

Karen said...

Hurrah, you are back!!!! :)

Knitterella said...

Welcome back to blogland and glad your mojo is coming back!