Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shopping Sin

I committed a shopping sin. I bought stuff at Walmart. I usually don't shop there - I have some political and moral issues with Walmart. (I don't hold it against people for shopping there, I just choose not to.) However, my husband insisted we go there last night to pick up a certain brand of cat food for Max. At first, I was going to sit in the car, but I decided to try my luck and go in to see if they had the Interweave Knits Holiday issue.

Sure enough - they did!! So, I bought that, and then I also bought Crazy Aunt Purl's new book! I also bought Nacho Libre because it was on sale for $3.98, and well I couldn't pass that up - I thought it was hilarious.

Also, my ball winder and swift are in route to my house. I can't wait. I have a feeling I'll be yarn winding crazy.

Sorry I am picture-less lately. I haven't had much to show - I'm slowly working on the Tangled Yoke and in the stockinette stretch.

And one last word on the house front - the plumber is coming on Saturday so that my upstairs bathroom will be in working order with brand new pipes and a working toilet!

1 comment:

hoosier student nurse said...

A working toilet? That's just the best!! We only have a couple of grocery options, so Wal Mart is usually where the big shopping trips happen. I HATE the place. It depresses me to even go there, but since I don't have many choices, go there I do. At least you got some bargains.