Friday, August 03, 2007

It's August!

And it's very hot. And sticky.

I've been putting off blogging because I have absolutely nothing to say that feels important.

I've been reading. I read The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. I listened to her speak at the Bluegrass Festival of Books and she was so lovely and captivating. Her book is, as well. I think I cried from page 1 to the end.
I also have been reading Knitting in the Old Way: Designs and Techniques from Ethnic Sweaters by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. It's very interesting to see the progression of the sweater over time.

My husband doesn't wear sweaters. But, he saw the preview of Interweave Knits (well, more like I forced him to look at it!), and he said that if I knitted the Cobblestone Pullover by Jared Flood, he'd wear it!! He specified that he wants it in a darker color though. A navy or a chocolate brown... For myself, I love that Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan. I think I'd go for a chocolate brown, also. The only thing I worry about is that it would be a lot of knitting, and I seem like I have attention deficits when it comes to large knitting. Oh, well, nothing like a challenge?

As for my knitting projects currently - I'm on Monkey #2, almost at the heel flap. I finished up the knitting part of the Reversible itty bitty hat... but I just need to wash it now, embroider the dots, and sew them together. I am also thinking about picking up my Wicked and finishing her once and for all. She's been haunting me.

 



Natalie Dee


nataliedee.com

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

Yeah, I saw Cobblestone Pullover too and also thought that would be something my hubby would like. He's pretty picky and that sweater is simple yet has some pretty cool details. You should knit Tilted Duster, it's so cool! You always need a project with a bunch of stocking knit, don't you think? Those are the kind that you can do while watching movies, chating, etc… :)

Funny cartoon!
Jill