Friday, June 29, 2007

Shaved Kitties

So, Molly and Loverbunny were outside cats until we moved. We live on a main road, so it was too dangerous to keep them outside. When moved in, however, they still had the outdoor mentality of "must eat food before someone else does". So, they have no idea of when to quit eating. In the last few months, they have gotten a little chunky. I noticed they also weren't cleaning themselves as well as they should be, and so.... they are now on a diet, and they got their hair shaved. They aren't too happy about their diet, but I do think they like being shaved... Molly especially. She has been prancing around and showing off since....

mollyshaved.jpg


 


 


I know she doesn't look happy in the picture, but she always looks grumpy... really, she is acting very cute with her new look.

Still working slowly on the pea pod baby sweater. I'm on the sleeves. I've been working the last three nights, so that has really slowed me down on it. Maybe I'll make progress this weekend! I also haven't forgotten my Brea bag, but I'm having trouble ordering a handle... I also plan on finishing up the sewing on my little Crafty Alien raccoon this weekend.

I also finally got an invite to Ravelry. It is well worth it's wait!!!!!!! You can find me here.

Well, I'm off to go scrape a little wallpaper in the library. We've had in four electricians, two heating and air people, a plaster person (what title do they have?), a plumber, and a roofer. So, once we choose who we want to hire, and get the finances straight, we'll be ready to work.

2 comments:

hoosier student nurse said...

My kitties have always been indoors. None has ever set foot outside since the day they entered our house (except Mommy who likes to slip out now and then, but she only walks about two feet and waits for us to grab her). I've got two huge fatties, two who aren't technically obese, but big, and one as she should be, and one teeny tiny. All are on Eukenuba Weight Control and none of them lose weight. The funny thing is that only one of the huge fatties is always waiting for the food, and one of the big and the teeny tiny are standing there with him. The other three just kind of graze when the pigs are finished. Plus, I swear, one of the fatties is bulimic. He eats as fast as he can, and then throws up. We know what to expect and follow him around until he does it. We slip a newspaper under him, and he throws up on that. He's my favorite because he is so weird.

Jill said...

Yey! Raverly rocks!

See you there!
Jill