Friday, May 14, 2010

Kroger Trip - Another couponing post

Well, I went to Kroger today and bought $109.17 worth of groceries for $35.93.  I was so excited.  It was a day where I needed stuff I didn't have coupons for too, so I was super happy with my final total.



Some more couponing strategies that I use include planning.  When I first started using coupons, I didn't always plan, but now that I do - I'm a lot more successful.  For example, my coupon for aluminum foil today stated it wasn't good for 25, 30, or 40 square feet boxes, so I wrote that on my list so I wouldn't pick one up, then be surprised at the registar when my coupon wouldn't work.  Also, I find that planning and making a list keeps my buying habit in check.  I don't walk away with unnecessary things, like extra cookies or candies.

And don't worry.  Planning doesn't take all that long.  A few minutes here or there.  Make a list (I like to use my iPhone notes) of things you think you need as the week goes on.  Then, when you are ready to go to the store, look at your list and see what coupons you have that match it.  And you'll save time in the store by planning at home.  And it gets easier every week once you get the hang of doing it.

And for all my yarn friends who think I've gone off the deep end, I am going to a fiber festival tomorrow, so I hope to provide you with some fun fibery goodness pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but
after I clicked

submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!


Also visit my web page - villamartin empleo