Sunday, October 26, 2008

FO: Swallowtail Shawl (finally!)

I finally finished the Swallowtail Shawl!!! (I'm sure you are in total shock I finished anything!) It's a tad small, but I saw someone in Ravelry using it as sort of a scarf like thing, and it looked pretty good that way.

I love the pattern, and I may make another one but with bigger yarn and possibly adding a few repeats.

Swallowtail Shawl-1



Things I learned with this shawl: lifelines are good, never set your lace down for long periods of time or else you'll forget where you left off, and I need to buy some blocking wires.

I went to the Indiana Fiber Festival last weekend, and had a great time. Bought lots of goodies. Hopefully, I'll have some spinning to show you in the near future!!

8 comments:

Paige said...

Love your shawl - it's beautiful! I spent my weekend at a fiber festival too. Such fun!

Krissy said...

Yay Swallowtail. A really fun knit. Mine is small too, but I use it as a scarf. I'm not really a shawl person anyways. Well, at least until I knit a full sized one.

It looks beautiful though. The solid color really shows off the details in the edging.

Michelle said...

The shawl looks nice. I hear that most people add several repeats or it's more of a short scarf.

Karen said...

It's beautiful!!!

Jasmin said...

GORGEOUS! I really should get back to knitting lace.

Knitterella said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! You should be very proud of that.

alfionfire said...

very nice shawl

Knitterella said...

WOW! That is gorgeous!