Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly to MY Home

I said I wanted a ladybug, and my husband ordered it and surprised me with it. I didn't know he ordered it until it showed up!

I have never did any spinning, and I used to think I never wanted to learn to spin. I don't know what happened... like I need another hobby!

Here it is being unpacked.

the wheel

This is where my ladybug sits (sorry about the blurred picture)

My ladybug


I needed help with the tension string, and some really wonderful girl named Abbyknitz on Ravelry helped me out.

First little bit on the bobbin - uhm, I guess it's good I can even get it on the bobbin considering I've never touched a wheel in my life. My first goal was to figure out how to treadle and just use the wheel in general.

First stuff on the bobbin

9 comments:

Krissy said...

I can't wait to see what you spin up with it. Congratulations.

rkray3 said...

Wow!! What an awesome gift! Have fun and I look forward to seeing the results!

Stacey said...

What a great surprise! I have just gotten my wheel this week too (a lendrum) - I have been practice treadling - I'm a bit intimidated - but what fun to come!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm a bit jealous, but so happy for you. I bet you'll be spinning up impressive yarns in no time. :)

Emma said...

Wow, pretty impressive. And what a nice husband to get it for you as a surprise! Good luck with the spinning--looks like you've already got the hang of it.

Abbyknitz said...

It looks great! I had never spun on a wheel either, and bought the Ladybug sight unseen based on what I read. I am loving it. I can't wait to see what you do next :)

Michelle said...

Congrats! That wheel is so cute. :-)

dublin37 said...

hey... what do i have to do to be listed under "nursing blogs" anyhoo?

dublin37 said...

that husband? he's a keeper. Just beware of that pointy thing...i've read stories about it...
Heather