Sunday, July 27, 2008

Manic Bunny

The electricians have been here. It's been chaos, random rooms having electricity then the next day not.. And poor Loverbunny has been manic. He had to go on kitty pills for anxiety.


Loverbunny


I'm slowly knitting on my Apres Surf Hoodie.


hoodie


And I have to get on my soapbox a little. I'm frustrated about not being able to get certain yarns. I am working every single day, and I don't have time to check and check for updates (at work they don't let the nurses have access to the internet at all).  I keep missing out on Wollemeise and Sundara. The Wollemeise sold out on Loopy Ewe in 3 minutes! I guess I should just get over it, but I just had to vent my frustrations. I think I want it more now that I can't get it....


I don't need to be buying it anyway, because I plan on buying myself a spinning wheel soon. I am thinking about getting a Ladybug. I am a little worried I won't like it and be out lots of money, but I want a nice wheel to learn with. Originally, I was going to try and buy a cheap, used one, but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll be better off with a new wheel.


4 comments:

sheepishone said...

i know what you mean about missing out on updates. it's just impossible to get some brands. i've been trying to get hello yarn for years. the only way i get my hands on any is through trades on ravelry...

you must be antsy to purchase your wheel. that ladybug one is a popular one; i'm sure it's a great wheel if so many purchase it. can't wait to see your creations!

Krissy said...

Poor kitty. It must be rough living in a human world.

Michelle said...

Poor Bunny. Hopefully you won't have to use the meds forever. I totally understand the yarn thing. If you're dying to try out Wollmeise you can try a kit from Yarnissima. I did that and was pleased with it. I've never tried to get Sundara yarn but I have plenty of sock yarn. Still too much as far as I'm concerned. Just give it time and the ruckus will blow over and it'll be easier to get it. Getting a wheel sounds great! Definitely make sure you get one that you can grow with and can fit different accessories like a jumbo bobbin.

stacey said...

Isn't pilling a cat good fun? hee hee! I love how your hoodie is coming along. I'm looking at a wheel too - can't wait to hear what you decide - for now a Kromski Sonata seems t be calling to me.