Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Tangled Yoke - The End


Well, sort of the end. I don't have buttons, yet, and won't be able to get them in the town I live in. So, it'll be at least a week. And I can't keep my enthusiasm in. (I may even wear it tomorrow without the buttons because I'm so excited.)

My second adult sweater is done, and I love it! It fits the way I wanted, it turned out better than I could have wished. So, despite the dark dreary night, we attempted photos.


Tangled Yoke




TangledYokeBack




TangledYokeFront



You'll probably have to suffer another Tangled Yoke photo shoot with natural light after I have buttons.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous!! I can't believe that's only your second sweater. Wow!!

CTJen said...

beautiful
I am swatching this up right now.
:-)

Knitterella said...

Wow! It looks great! Fits perfect too - great job!

silencepainter said...

It looks wonderful, even without the buttons!

DharmaRN said...

That looks absolutely terrific on you! I was considering casting on for this soon. I have a question for you. I want mine to fit exactly like that. Not to be too personal - but how much ease did you make it with? ;-)

Gorgeous job!

Michelle said...

Yours looks SO much better than mine. The fit looks great. I must have mine too big. Sigh. Maybe I'll pretend yours is mine. :-)

Emma said...

Yay! It looks so great.

susan b anderson said...

Oh yeah,
That is one beautifully great sweater and it looks fantastic on you! Way to go.
susan

susan b anderson said...

Hi!
I am not sure what happened with your rosebud specifically. I usually go down one or two needle sizes from the needles I use for the hat to knit the garter stitch strip. Then I roll tightly from the cast on edge to the point at the end.

Next, I kind of squish the rose around to shape it a bit and then run the end through the rosebud with a yarn needle to catch all of the layers and keep them from pulling out before whip stitching the rose to the hat.

The only thing I have seen that varies a bit from the pattern is that some of the rosebuds have turned out a bit larger than mine. This still looks fine and is personal preference.

I don't know if that helped, write back if not!

Thanks for writing.
susan

gloriana said...

It looks really lovely - nice job! And I am seriously envious of your beautiful house, in that other post. Wow!