Saturday, March 15, 2008

FO: Rosebud Hat

This hat is the cutest hat - I will probably make another one.
It's made of Rowan Handknit Cotton. From Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson. I made the 6-12 month old size. I only used two colors for the roses: two shades of pink.  I also used less rosebuds and leaves than the pattern called for.  I used the "celery" colorway for the leaves instead of the recommended green.  The rosebuds knit up very fast, as does the hat! I even enjoyed the assembly of the hat, and usually I hate the finishing up.


Rosebud Hat

I had a great day off. I went to a knitting class about altering your patterns, and it was very helpful. I learned a more accurate way to measure my gauge swatch, and how to approach your patterns when altering, and how to think about the pattern in a more general way.

Fun stuff! Knitting classes and baby hats. It can't get any better, right?!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Very cute!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great day. That hat is too cute. So are you now ready to jump into more sweaters? :-)

Melana said...

such a cute, cute hat!!

silencepainter said...

That is pretty cute!

Krissy said...

Such a darling hat.

susan b anderson said...

Wow! That turned out so great. It couldn't be any cuter.
susan