Friday, December 29, 2006

Knitting is a disease


I mentioned I took up knitting. You start knitting, and you can't stop. It's a real sickness.

My husband may kill me because I've discovered this very neat yarn shop. My first purchase was $50 of yarn + one needle.

My first finished project was from Knitty.

There it is over to the side. Some mistakes, but for my first knitting attempt I was quite happy.

I started working on another project which I am getting ready to unravel and try again. I began working in the round with circular needles. That part wasn't bad, but I didn't realize that stockinette stitch in the round is done differently than when flat. Ooops. Oh well, I'll unravel it and try again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you will so love knitting. It is not against the law yet, but will be soon due to it's addictive nature. Keep practicing and in no time your husband will be wearing nice warm wool socks....he will then look at your new interest with a different attitude.

Prisca: said...

I'm adicted too. Love cute yarn stores but hate the prices! ;)

Wendy, R.N. said...

That's a pretty nice first project, and nice that it is not the de riguer garter stitch scarf.

Knitting is totally addictive. I have been ingoring all my yarn and needles for MONTHS now, since I am too ADD to knit and be a nursing student. Also, it has been so freakin' hot! It's hard to be inspired by woolies when it is in the mid-80's.

Oh, I can't wait until February!!! Knitting at the softball fields!!!


W. :)