Sunday, November 25, 2007

FO: Brea Bag

You can't believe it's finished?! Me either!



Brea Bag



Brea Bag lining



Brea Bag open


It's a delightful pattern. And quick (if you finish things..). I had this done a long time ago, but kept dragging my feet on getting a handle, then lining it. It is my first lined bag. I cut out three pieces of fabric: the front, back, and gusset. I sewed those together, then turned the bag inside out and pinned it in. Then, I whip stitched it in.

I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca (2 skeins), and I love love this yarn. It's soft and beautiful. The pattern is the Brea Bag, a free pattern from Berroco. I got my handle from Webs. My lining was bought from a local quilting store.

Also, my blogging and emailing are slow this week because my laptop died. (I think {hope} it is just the battery/power cord.) So, I finally set up my desktop downstairs, but it's very cold down here!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Oh my gosh, your Brea Bag is gorgeous! The lining and handle really take it to the next level too. Very very nice :)

jseelaus said...

Alice is right, that is one gorgeous bag. That lining is absolutely perfect!