Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happiness Comes In Baby Knits

peapodsweaterfinish-015.jpg


As soon as I finished up my baby sweater, I cast on for the Reversible Stripes and Dots hat from itty bitty hats. It seems I can not get enough baby knitting in. Of course, it seems like everyone I know is pregnant, so I have the perfect excuses! The picture doesn't show much progress... but I finished the blue part of the hat, and I am now on the off-white with dots part. The Rowan Denim is really saturated with color, and I love it, but it turned my bamboo circs into a pale blue...

Good news on the work front. I will be going to a day shift position, in the recovery services area. I am very excited. Next week is my last week of nights. Maybe I will not sleep and work my entire life away now.

Been watching a bit of tennis today. I used to play. As a teenager, I even took private tennis lessons. I am making myself a promise that I will find myself on the court again sometime soon. It's a nice outlet, and I need the exercise. I always felt at home on the tennis court, and maybe I can find that home comforting again.

I leave you with this creepy picture of Sam.... I think my husband took it.

samcat.jpg


"Give me all your food, and nobody gets hurt."

3 comments:

Knitterella said...

Yikes! That is a creepy photo! Glad you are getting a new shift that you seem to be happy with. Look forward to seeing how that hat turns out!

Jill

Jana said...

Ooohhhhhhh tennis! I used to play in high school too... I SUCKED, but i loved it anyway!!! Last weekend I played tennis on the WII, and it made me miss playing on a court. I'll have to figure out a way to get back into tennis!

hoosier student nurse said...

I love your picture, and HUGE congrats on the new job! I'm sort of behind due to being gone for the last two weeks. Alas, I understand if I chose to work here instead of "only big city in Indiana", I'll be guaranteed nights to start. Since I can't stay awake after 10:00, this is going to be a problem, but what are you going to do? I do not want to commute 70 miles one way to work. The hat is adorable, but what I REALLY love is the guys sweater from your more recent blog. SO CUTE!! The tilted whatever is cute too, but I love, love, love the roll neck sweaters.