Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Iphone makes blogging easier.

While I did not love blogging from my iPhone, I do turn out a lot more pictures thanks to the phone!!

Anyway, during my in bed blogging post, I promised a link to the little mug rug tutorial I was using, and it was from Sew Mama Sew. It's a pretty nice little tutorial, and my little mug rug is coming along nicely. Mug rugs are great practice pieces, and are a much more manageable size.

Also, I have to tell you that I bought some fusible fleece batting. Sometimes, I do worry about my intelligence level, or at least common sense. I wish I would have taken photos of the disaster. I didn't read directions.

I placed my hot hot iron down flat onto the fabric with the fleece showing around the edges and it was smoking and smelly, and got stuck to my iron. So, in my frustration, I just flipped the piece over, then, and stuck my iron straight to the fusible fleece batting. It scorched it. Quickly!

I failed to read the whole - always place a damp cloth over your piece - part of the directions..........
Like I said, I wonder at times. How is it I learned to knit safely?

My two year old loves Goodnight Moon. Our book is falling apart. At night, we tell EVERYTHING goodnight, including the cow jumping over the moon. When I found Goodnight Moon fabric, I couldn't resist it. I had to buy it - although I'm afraid to cut it. It's too cute.




Also, thought I would share a few little views of my little sewing area. It's very humble, but it's my spot.





Totally random, but I bought these children's books in Beijing 10 years ago. I like them. Wish I could read them to my son.



A little kitty love:



1 comment:

iPhone 4s prices said...

I read this blog.I really enjoy it.I agree to that iphone makes blogging easier.