Friday, August 26, 2011

A little knitting...

I took my last test for the quarter today!  Hooray!  Now, I have a 3 week break!

I started the Dahlia Cardigan from Interweave Knits, Fall 2011.  Using Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin in Petit Poison #5 dark.  I have gotten Chart A completed. 

Wollmeise

When I started, I actually swatched and decided I didn't want to use the size 4 needle I first chose.  I went down to a size 2 needle with the swatch and thought it looked neater (tighter stitches).  However, starting the chart with size 2, it became quickly obvious that my lace panel was not going to have the openness that I love about lace.  So, I ripped it out, and went back to size 4. 



I will definitely be putting in a lifeline before starting Chart B though!  I made a small mistake in the last rows of chart A, but I "fixed" it enough for my satisfaction.  If I made a bigger mistake, though, it would be sad to rip it all out.

1 comment:

Free Range Chick said...

Love the dark purple! That's a great pattern.