Monday, January 26, 2009

FO: A Stork's Nest Scarf

I meant to post the FO the next day after my teaser, but my husband took the camera cord in his briefcase and left it at his office for several days!! It definitely is lace.

This is "A Stork's Nest Scarf" by Nancy Bush. It was in Piecework Magazine Jan/Feb 2008. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and have been meaning to knit it all year. It was going to be for my mom for Christmas, but when I got sick - I couldn't finish it. I think I'll put it away until Mother's Day. She could wear it in the spring just as an accent and not get overheated with it. I hope she likes it.

I used Malabrigo laceweight, which I love. The pictures are a little more vibrant than the yarn, I think. It's really a more pastel blue, but it has been dark and gloomy here so it's hard to take accurate pictures.

storks nest3


storks nest2

7 comments:

Jasmin said...

love(1)

Karen said...

It's beautiful - your mom is going to love it!!

Michelle said...

That's very pretty. You're going to get a lot of use out of it!

silencepainter said...

That is really beautiful!

I'm sure your mom is going to love it.

Doris said...

I love this scarf. Where canI get the pattern or magazine.
The magazine is out of print.

mtenhaaf said...

Good morning from Holland. I am a lace knitter. And I saw your website. First of all. I am very happy for you that your child is healthy now. I was moved by the messages about the baby. I am 60 now and i remember how important healthyness is for your child. Wish you the best!
My question : is it possible to get a copy of the pattern Nancy bush: storks nest pattern for a shawl from you ?
Yhank you very much indeed for your answer.
mieke ten haaf

Mandy said...

Thanks for all your well wishes! The Nancy Bush pattern is in Piecework, you may be able to buy a back issue from Interweave Press. If not, you may be able to contact Nancy Bush herself for it!