Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yarn Harlot and More!

I saw the Yarn Harlot today. I went to the Bluegrass Festival of Books.

I saw a panel called A Good Yarn: Knitters, Fiction, and More! at 11 am. It had Susan Anderson of Itty Bitty Hats, who I met before it started and got a signed book from her. She was fabulous! She was so so nice, and I have decided I adore her. I can't wait to make baby hats! It also had Ann Hood who wrote The Knitting Circle, and she was captivating. Last, but you know never least, it also had Stephanie Japel who wrote Fitted Knits.

Then, at 2, I saw the Yarn Harlot speak. I met her before hand and bought *3* of her books and had them signed. She took a picture with me and I held her sock! I am sure she thought I was a babbling idiot because I was soooo excited and just gushing. In fact, I can't remember anything I said, except.... She told me my sock was perfectly executed, and I started trying to point out my errors. She said "You aren't supposed to tell people!!! Just say thank you!!"

I started knitting in December, and I have never ever ever knit with other knitters before. I was shy about maybe doing my stitches weird or looking stupid.... At the table I was sitting, I had soooo many encouraging words and it was just wonderful.

So, here's my picture of me and the Yarn Harlot. I have her sock, she has mine. And my hair looks like I'm eating it - sorry.

No comments: